Health Libraries Australia (HLA) has evolved from the former Library Association of Australia National Medical Librarians’ Section established in 1981 to become the national professional organisation representing librarians and information professionals working in all health sectors including: hospitals and other clinical facilities, research institutes, regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government departments, regional health services, professional colleges, universities, cooperative research centres, not-for-profit and community organisations, and parts of public library services.
The vision of Health Libraries Australia is that all Australians benefit from health library and information professionals’ expertise that is integral to evidence based health care.
In support of our vision, and in line with ALIA's policy direction and priorities, HLA undertakes strategic initiatives in five key areas (portfolios): Professional development education and training; Demonstrating value; Partnerships and collaborations; Publishing and communication; Membership.
We are excited to announce our new HLA News Editor, Taryn Hunt. HLANewsed@alia.org.au
Advanced Searching Workshop: Advanced Search Techniques for Systematic Reviews, HTA and Guidelines
Presenter: Carol Lefebvre
Nov 20th: Melbourne workshop for researchers [WORKSHOP FULL]
Nov 22nd: Newcastle workshop for librarians [WORKSHOP FULL]
Nov 27th: Brisbane workshop for librarians [WORKSHOP FULL]
Nov 29th: Melbourne workshop for librarians [WORKSHOP FULL]
Dec 4th: Adelaide workshop for librarians [WORKSHOP FULL]
Dec 5th: Adelaide workshop for researchers
- ALIA Research Grant 2016 awarded to HLA and HLI to explore and record the contribution that health libraries make to the achievement of hospital accreditation
- ICML/EAHIL 2017 presentation " Australian health libraries’ contributions to hospital accreditation"
- Census poster presentation at ICML/EAHIL 2017 and overview
Census of Australian Health Librarians and Library and Information Services (LIS) by Health Libraries Australia (HLA)
- HLA PD Day 2017 Perth - presentations
- HLA was represented at the Health Information Workforce in November 2016 and this is the summary strategy and action plan that emerged from it.
To find our list of contacts in our executive committee click here.
L-R: Suzanne Lewis, Sarah Hayman, Gemma Siemensma, Kathleen Grey, Diana Blackwood, Rolf Schafer, Jane Orbell-Smith, Ann Ritchie, and Bronia Renison .