Continuing its tradition for excellence in the education of girls, Melbourne Girls Grammar is focused on empowering our students with the literacy skills to thrive and lead in an ever changing digital landscape. We are seeking a knowledgeable, committed and efficient Library Technician to join the Learning Technologies Department (Library Services Team) in the Nina Crone Library in a full time capacity.
This position is responsible for maintaining excellent library resources and contributing to a stimulating, helpful environment that invites students and staff to use and participate in the various library programs and spaces. Alongside one other Library Technician, this role works to a rotating roster. As such, some flexibility in start and finish times is high desirable (the option for fixed start and finish times may be negotiated).
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Administering and managing the Library Management System and its online interface;
- Cataloguing print and digital collections;
- Assisting with management of collections including tagging, covering, repairing, shelving, stocktake and weeding;
- Circulation Desk duties including attending to loans, reservations, records and queries;
- Preparation of physical and virtual displays;
- General administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous library or cataloguing experience;
- Excellent ICT skills and in interest in print and digital literacy;
- Warm and approachable manner;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- High attention to detail and ability to process significant volumes of work;
- Readiness to learn new skills.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching or must hold a current Police Check or be in the process of obtaining one, in order to work at Melbourne Girls Grammar.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 24 May 2019
Applications must include a covering letter, resume and a completed employment application form including the details of 3 referees.
Please visit our Current Opportunities page for more information and to view the position description: https://www.mggs.vic.edu.au/employment/current-opportunities