- Senior Leadership role within (Go8) Group of Eight Universities
- Lead change and innovation strategies
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We drive a high performance culture and live and breathe our values: Builds Collaboration, Embraces Diversity, Displays Respect, Demonstrates Excellence and Drives Innovation.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year. There are three library sites including Main Library, Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library. There is a close working relationship with the Academy Library - UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Form Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA).
About the role
- Senior Appointment
- 5 year fixed term contract
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Director, Research Services and Corporate is a member of the Library Executive Team and provides leadership to the development and delivery of the Library’s research infrastructure and services including institutional research publication repository service (UNSWorks); research data services (ResData and RDMP); research reporting services and systems (Research Output System, ROS) and the Library’s scholarly communication programs and services. The position also leads the provision of the Library’s corporate services including policy, planning and quality; service management; staffing including professional development; budget and finance; and library administration.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications with substantial experience at a senior level or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience. Substantial prior experience at a senior level within a large academic, research or cultural institution would be considered favourably
- Demonstrated capability to lead the development and delivery of the Library’s research services and research infrastructure which meet the needs of HDR students and researchers
- Demonstrated capability to lead the development and delivery of library repository and content management systems and services to support the provision of research outputs and digitised collections
- Demonstrated capability to lead the development and delivery of Library research services including research reporting and innovation in scholarly communications including open access
- Ability to manage the development of digitised collections, including an in-depth knowledge of preservation and curation standards and practices
- Ability to lead the development and delivery of library corporate services including policy, planning and quality management; value; service management; staffing including recruitment, professional development, performance management and reward and recognition; budget and finance; and library administration
- Demonstrated well developed leadership and management skills applied to the operation of substantial staffing, budgetary and infrastructure resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build and sustain effective, collaborative professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and apply problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically, drawing on information from multiple sources
- The ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system
Please apply online and include in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Selection Criteria
- Digital Portfolio
- 3 References
Please note applications sent through to the contact below will not be accepted.
Martin Borchert, University Librarian
T: (61 2) 9385 2662
Applications close: Sunday 3rd March 2019 @ 11:45pm
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity