About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Manager, Scholarly Communications sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
This position manages the Open Access program and represents Scholarly Services interests regarding all aspects of open access, within the University, locally, nationally and internationally. Specifically, the Manager Scholarly Communication plans, develops, delivers and evaluates an Open Access program for greater visibility and access to Research outputs of the university.
The incumbent will oversee activities which contribute Melbourne’s collections to the open environment, as well as monitoring the scholarly and cultural open environment for collections which may be of use and interest to the community. They will also be seen to provides advice to senior stakeholders on improvements to processes, policies and strategies relating to Open Access models and the management and visibility of research outputs.
- The appointee will have relevant post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and management and supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and/or experience within the tertiary education sector or similar environment
- Proven ability to engage in consultation, influence and develop and maintain relationships, understand a diverse range of views, engage stakeholders in constructive discussion and manage expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision and management of repository services in an academic environment and knowledge of emerging trends in digital repositories
- Expert knowledge of open access principles and trends in scholarly communication and publishing
- Proven ability to practice exceptional interpersonal skills in a diverse stakeholder group enabling constructive discussion and managing expectations
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Close date: 19 Aug 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 06 Aug 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Aug 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time