Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
We’re currently looking for Regional Sales Manager, Academic and Government (based in Australia)
Reporting to the Sales Director, ANZ you will be responsible for the following:
You will –
- Drives revenue growth of Academic products and solutions such as Web of Science and InCites by meeting or exceeding both new sales and retention goals on monthly and quarterly basis
- To maintain/grow existing subscriber base through renewals and build an extensive pipeline of new opportunities.
- To contact new leads generated from marketing campaigns, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, customer enquiry and online usage data, analyse information requirements and maximise new business revenue.
- To be proactive in the self generation of new leads to maximise new business revenue through regular calling of newly identified prospects (Hunting).
- Account management, and growth through upsell and cross-selling activity
- Builds strong “trust” relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities.
- Work with Manager to develop a strategy plan for the region which includes an analysis of revenues/products, strategy for growth, objectives and implementation schedule.
- To liaise effectively with internal departments to maximise sales opportunities, including Product Development, and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
- A university degree in relevant course work AND 5+ years proven sales experience with a strong aptitude for technology
- A commercial awareness and technical appreciation of the Scientific Information industry
- Experience conducting effective product demonstrations & sales presentations
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Experience working in a team sales environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate easily & interpersonally with senior University and Government decision makers
- Capable of thinking creatively and making independent decisions
- Effective time management skills
- Well organised and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure and standards
- Can set priorities and be flexible in changing environment.
- Ability to report and project accurately and according to agreed timeframes.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions
- Confident, outgoing personality
- Heavy travel requirements (approx. 50%)
The Job Description sets out the main areas of responsibility and tasks to be completed. However, duties and responsibilities may change according to business needs and personal development as agreed with your Manager. Therefore, the description is neither an exhaustive nor comprehensive description of the job.