Permanent Part-time and Casual
Band 3, $51,843 - $57,455 pro rata plus superannuation
Join Our World-Class Library Service
The Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is one of Victoria’s largest library networks covering some 5,500 square kilometres providing library and heritage services to people living in urban, rural and coastal areas. The service includes a central library, the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 15 community libraries, two mobile libraries and a Community Library Service. With a commitment to ongoing professional development and a dynamic workplace, GRLC provides opportunities for a highly satisfying and fulfilling career.
Fantastic career opportunities exist to join our teams dedicated to customer service excellence at our Geelong West and Bannockburn Libraries, or across our library network on a casual basis. The Geelong West Library position is 36.5 hours per fortnight: an interest in delivering children’s and youth programs is essential. The Bannockburn Library position is currently 20 hours per fortnight, however a higher number of hours may be offered.
Casual Library Officers support high quality customer service to library users throughout our library network. Applicants with high levels of work availability of at least 3 week days and evenings and weekends are required.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the modern customer-focussed public library.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse community.
- Ability to recommend suitable collection choices and instruct in the use of library technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in the delivery of print and electronic information services.
- Ability to assist in the delivery of activities for all community members.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
Applications close Sunday, 26 November 2017.
For further information and a position description see www.grlc.vic.gov.au