Leadership Team Member, Libraries and Community Spaces
Wellington City Council is seeking an experienced Team Leader for the Libraries and Community Spaces Leadership Team.
This position includes responsibility for the circulation, membership and children's areas of the Central Library as well as for two branch libraries, one community centre and strategic portfolio areas of the Libraries and Community Spaces business.
The successful candidate will be a visionary and innovative leader who can operate in the political environment. They will understand how the digital world is changing the way people live, work and play - and therefore how libraries are changing.
They will work strategically with teams, customers, colleagues and partners to realise our vision of being "open for creativity, connection and innovation".
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- leading, enabling and empowering teams
- developing strategic plans, budgets and ongoing business strategies
- setting, monitoring and reporting on library service standards, budgets and achievements
- coordinating staffing and other resources
- ensuring systems and technology remain responsive to customer demands and business needs
- fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- communicating with the public on issues related to the library service
- contributing leadership and coordination skills to activities and projects across the wider organisation.
Depending on the successful candidate's strengths and experience, strategic portfolio areas may include one or more of the following: human resources, facilities management, technology, contract management, training and development or other areas.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant tertiary qualification, professional library/information qualification and/or LIANZA professional registration, and will have previous experience in libraries, information, customer service and related community fields.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Chris Hay, Libraries and Community Spaces Manager, email@example.com , 04 803 872.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 20 November 2017.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 15862ALI.
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work.