|14 of 149||<< First||< Previous||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
Emily's short stories have appeared in a number of anthologies. She has also written for The Age, Meanjin, Kill Your Darlings, Archer, Feminartsy, The Victorian Writer, Mamamia, Shine, Metro and Screen Education magazines.
• Website / social media channels
Adults - readers, writers of all levels
• Genre / Subject areas
Primary students: creative writing.
Secondary students: fiction and non-fiction writing including journalism, writing workshops, writers’ groups, writing historical fiction (using my novel Hello, Goodbye as an example), coming of age stories, finding your writing process, sourcing inspiration, and research skills.
Adults: sourcing inspiration, writers’ groups, writing historical and/or contemporary fiction (using my novels Hello, Goodbye and Small Blessings as examples), writing short stories, writing social commentary and journalism, interviewing for research, research skills and creating an effective writing process.
• Content types (e.g. Author talks, workshops, storytimes, etc.)
- Author talks
- Writers’ groups (how to form and maintain one) – can be conducted online.
• Format / platform:
- Live talks via Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facebook and so on.
- Recorded / Streamable author talks
Online course for creative writing: writingsparks.com.au