Our advocacy campaigns are great opportunities for the sector to promote its value and to highlight issues of importance to the communities we serve.
1. A national framework for digital access to cultural collections
2. Improved access to data and scholarly information through the development and trial of open access models for government-funded research
3. Halt to government library closures and greater recognition of the role of library and information professionals in evidence-based decision-making
4. Greater recognition of the important part libraries play in literacy and learning
5. Greater recognition of the important part libraries play in digital inclusion
6. A national early literacy strategy
7. Support for the long term success of the Australian book industry
8. Quality library services for tertiary students enrolled in universities, TAFEs and private RTOs
9. Qualified library staff employed in every school library
10. Further copyright law reform (safe harbours and fair use)
11. Accreditation of higher education and VET courses by professional bodies
12. Resourcing for public libraries to assist citizens through government’s digital transformation
13. Funding for library buildings as a vital element of Australia’s knowledge infrastructure
We are also engaged with Australia’s response to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.