There are several Sub-Committees of the Board and the Board appoints Advisory Committees to provide input into its strategic discussions.
The Sub-Committees are:
- Finance and Risk Management (FARM), chaired by Marian Morgan-Bindon
- Join the Dots, chaired by Monika Szunejko
- Membership and Awards (MASC), chaired by Lyndall Osborne
- PD Education Research and Publishing (PDERP), chaired by Monika Szunejko
- Workplace Policies and Guidelines Review, chaired by Jane Cowell
The Advisory Committees are:
- Australian Public Library Alliance
- Book Industry and eLending Advisory Committee
- Education Advisory Committee
- Health Libraries Advisory Committee (HLA Group)
- Interlibrary Lending Advisory Committee
- International Relations Advisory Committee
- National Library Technicians' Advisory Committee
- New Generation Advisory Committee
- Research Advisory Committee
- School Libraries Advisory Committee (ALIA Schools Group)
- Special Library and Information Services Advisory Committee
- VET Libraries Advisory Committee
There is also the ALIA Research Fund Committee.
ALIA also has representatives on external committees and working groups, for example:
- Australian Committee on Cataloguing
- Australian Digital Inclusion Index Advisory Group
- Blue Shield Australia
- Business Services Industry Reference Committee
- eSmart Libraries Reference Group
- GLAM Peak
- IFLA sections and committees
- Standards Australia IT-09 Computer Application, Information and Documentation Committee
The ALIA Board governs the Association in accordance with our Constitution & By-laws. Each year there is an Annual General Meeting and we publish an Annual Report to inform Members about activities and financial performance.
ALIA has relationships with a number of other organisations, which are formalised with a Memorandum of Understanding.
There are 25 ALIA staff working at ALIA House and in each State and Territory. Click here for the ALIA organisational chart.