ALIA NT Recognition Award encourages recognition of an individual or team working in any sector of the library and information profession in the Northern Territory.
The Northern Territory Recognition Award is an annual merit prize aimed at:
- encouraging recognition of an individual or team working in any sector of the library and information profession in the Northern Territory
- providing an opportunity to promote innovation and excellence within the library and information profession
- increasing the profile of the profession
The presentation evening will be held during Australian Library and Information Week in May. The ALIA NT Recognition Award is once again being proudly sponsored by Raeco.
Any individual or team working in a library or information centre in the Northern Territory, and who is/are current Associate or Library Technician members of ALIA, is/are eligible for nomination. Alternatively in the case of a team nomination, the institution at which they are employed may be an ALIA member.
Nominations can be made:
- by yourself, i.e. self nomination
- by the manager of your library or information centre or of the parent body, or
- by one of your peers or a professional colleague.
The successful nomination will be judged on one or more of the following criteria:
- Innovative practice in the development of library and information services.
- Progress achieved in the implementation of new services or new technologies.
- Successful collaborative ventures or partnerships in library and information services.
- Creative approaches to marketing or promoting library and information services.
- Demonstrated dedication to the advancement of libraries.
Please note that nominations do not need to address all criteria.
Conditions of entry
- A panel of members representing the various sectors of the industry, convened by the ALIA NT Manager, will administer the selection process.
- Nominations are sought from all sectors of the library and information profession in the Northern Territory.
- Nominations must be submitted on the attached nomination form and should be supported with an attachment that:
- Clearly indicates the selection criteria being addressed
- Describes the activities undertaken to meet the given criteria
- Provides a statement of support from the nominator
Whilst the nominee needs to be a member of ALIA, the nominator does not (except in the case of self-nomination). Self-nominations need to be supported by a statement of support from a professional colleague or client.
In the case of a nomination for a team, please give the name of the team leader on the nomination form but include details of all the team members in the supporting documentation. In this case either all members of the team must be individual ALIA members, or their employer must be an institutional member of ALIA.
A portfolio to demonstrate evidence of the accomplishments may accompany the submission, but is not mandatory.
The decision made by the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into. ALIA reserves the right to withhold an award should the selection panel advise that no nominees have met the given criteria.
All nominations should be sent to the ALIA NT Manager as an email attachment at: email@example.com, or mailed to:
ALIA NT Manager
PO Box 886
Sanderson NT 0813