Launching in 2023, the SALIAs is an annual merit prize which celebrates and recognises the work of an individual working in any sector of the library and information profession in South Australia. The award aims to promote innovation and excellence within the library and information profession.
SALIA Terms of Reference
SALIA Judging Panel Terms of Reference
The SALIA Award will be presented each November at a cocktail event hosted by ALIA SA. The winner will receive a trophy and a voucher to attend an ALIA conference or symposium in the year ahead, as well as formal recognition on the ALIA website and via ALIA News.
Who is eligible?
Any individual working in the library or information profession, or professional research in South Australia, and who is a financial member of ALIA (personal or institutional) is eligible for nomination. Nominations can be made:
What are we looking for?
The successful nomination will be judged on one or more of the following criteria:
*Please note that nominations do not need to address all criteria.
What are the conditions of entry?
1. Nominations are sought from all sectors of the library and information profession in South Australia.
2. Nominations must be submitted on the nomination form (to be released shortly) and should:
3. The selection process will comprise:
4. The decisions made by the selection panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. ALIA SA reserves the right to withhold an award should the selection panel advise that no nominees have met the given criteria.
The consideration process