If you are a Student or General Member of ALIA the Proficiency Recognition Program (PRP) is a professional learning framework designed to advance core library and information services knowledge, and also to encourage members to fully utilise their skills and experience during their studies and or in their library and information services setting.
The scheme is focused on four practice areas:
- Know your library and information service context
- Know your library and information service structure and community
- Collections in practice
- Engaging with digital technologies, literacies, and learning
You can access the PRP through
the My CPD tab in your profile in the Member Centre.
ALIA and ALIA Groups run conferences, training, seminars and more throughout the year. Here's how you can get involved:
- Check out what's on and register here.
- We send all ALIA members the monthly PD Postings e-newsletter which is full of free CPD activities or check out 100+ ideas for your CPD.
- If you are a early and mid-career ALIA Member, the ALIA Mentoring Scheme supports a structured mentoring relationship to create professional partnerships and gives you access to the wisdom and expertise of LIS professionals.
A good way to maximise your CPD is to complete learning reflections and we make this easy within the Members Centre of the website.