Wellington Shire Council in conjunction with the Australian Society of Archivists Victorian Branch, Australian Library and Information Association, and Museums Australia (Victoria) invite you to hear from speakers from the newly launched Wellington Centre, opened in January this year, and a tour of the Sale Public Library, Gippsland Art Gallery, Wellington Visitor Information Centre, and Council Chambers.
Speakers (more details will be available leading up to the event) will share their insights about the redevelopment project and what the revitalisation of these cultural institutions means for the local and broader community, including:
• the changes within the library for everyday work, programming, technologies, and opportunities for Local History collection development
• the new and improved Art Gallery
• the advanced technology used at the Wellington Centre, and how that was sett up and the benefits
• information about the development of EduCould, an exciting resource which will allow secondary school students to log into a safe, secure WiFi connection that will link them to their own school network and learning resources
• the marked increase in usage, visitor statistics, and increases in memberships since opening in January 2018
This is a FREE event. Please register below.