ALIA ARL are looking for two enthusiastic and motivated people within the Academic and Research Libraries sector to join the committee in 2018.
Who are we?
ALIA Academic and Research Libraries (WA) is a forum for tertiary, research and academic librarians to discuss ideas and practices and foster collaboration.
It offers opportunities to support and promote research and professional development, and encourages excellence in student achievement and promotes student involvement in the profession by providing awards to graduates.
ALIA ARL aims to link with the wider community through offering regular events open to all who wish to attend, including students, and is open to collaborating with other groups to offer activities.
Why join the committee?
- Collaborate with colleagues from the Academic and Research Libraries sector and other groups to encourage professional discourse
- Contribute to creating an annual event program, help set up and run events, and engage in communication and promotional activities
- Establish meaningful connections and networks with colleagues
- Earn points for the ALIA PD program
Committee members must be able to commit to:
- Attend four 1.5 hour meetings and events a year. Some of the meetings may be held virtually using electronic means.
- Contribute to planning and events of the committee
- Contribute to committee actions and reporting responsibilities in a timely manner
- Membership on the committee requires you to be an ALIA member or appointed representative of an institutional membership.
If you have any questions about becoming involved or would like to join please send your expression of interest to email@example.com introducing yourself and why you are interested in joining the committee.
Note: Expressions of Interest close COB April 13th
ALIA Group Event
Friday 13 April 2018 5:00pm