Job no: 0036332
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The Senior Metadata Officer is responsible for the creation of bibliographic records and metadata for the library catalogue, institutional repository or other metadata systems. The position will provide expert advice to colleagues on bibliographic, classification and metadata issues, and input on cataloguing and metadata standards and policy.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organisation for self management of allocated operational and project tasks
- Clear evidence of a customer service orientation
- Advanced understanding of metadata schema
- Strong teamwork skills and experience
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
For more information and how to apply, please visit the link below to the direct posting on the Careers section of our website:
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
25 Nov 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time