Job no: 0036333
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The Metadata Team Leader is responsible for developing and coordinating team workflows for the creation and maintenance of metadata across a number of systems in the University Library: contributing to the development of cataloguing/metadata standards; and coordinating metadata projects to describe and provide access to collections, print and digital. The position provides leadership, direction and training to the Metadata team to meet the team’s priorities and responsibilities, in consultation with the Manager, Metadata & Resource Sharing.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and organisation skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service principles including the ability to be flexible, and to anticipate and be responsive to client needs.
- Advanced understanding of metadata and classification schema within a library environment
- Understanding of library management systems, especially cataloguing functions, including record load and global update processes, and other systems, such as DSpace and Symplectic Elements
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
For full details and to apply: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/901272/metadata-team-leaderAdvertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time