- Proactive Executive support in a vibrant University environment
- Located at Geelong Waterfront Campus – fixed term
- HEW 7 $87,673 + 17% Superannuation
The Executive Officer will provide high-level administrative support and advice to the University Librarian (UL), Office of the University Library and Library Executive. Operating with a high degree of initiative, diplomacy and stakeholder management, the successful candidate will have a diverse range of responsibilities that directly support the internal management of the Deakin’s multi-campus Library network and coordination of day-to-day administration for the University Librarian.
This position has an integral role in the coordination and negotiation of priorities between the University Librarian, the wider University and external bodies, leading internal and external communications, and the preparation,
The Executive Officer is responsible for providing concise and proactive administrative support, including committee management and event planning. The successful candidate will require initiative, flexibility, strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting deadlines.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- In partnership with the University Librarian (UL), coordinating all activities within the Office of the UL, providing high-level advice and assistance to the University Librarian and members of the Library Executive.
- Undertake coordination and negotiation of priorities between the University Librarian, the wider University and external bodies or individuals, including oversight and high-level management of the diary of the UL.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and promotion of Library functions hosted by the University Librarian, where appropriate.
- Provide senior administrative support for the Library’s internal operations.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the emerging learning, teaching and research trends in the University in relation to Library programs.
- This role has staffing responsibilities and must, therefore, ensure staff and own adherence to University policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, risk and financial management, privacy, staff development and staff performance planning and review.
To be successful, you’ll have;
- A relevant degree and substantial experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- Extensive experience undertaking the full range of high-level administrative executive support.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination.
- Skilled in developing, enhancing and implementing administrative processes and procedures.
- High-level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including report writing and preparation of presentations.
- A keen interest in the internal workings and wider benefits of libraries or higher education is desirable.
For a copy of the Position Description .pdf
Applications for this position close on Friday, November 8th 2019.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breed of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third-party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.