Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award – State 2017
Salary $69,206.00 – $72,912.00 per annum
(Dependent on qualifications and experience)
An opportunity exists within Mount Isa City Council for a Library Officer to join our team. The role of the Library Officer is to assist the Coordinator of Library Services with the efficient day to day running of the Mount Isa City Council Library, providing quality library and information services to all employees and the community. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for the management of the Toy Library providing quality educational and recreational resources to the community.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum qualification of either a current Diploma in Library and Information Services or currently studying/completed a Degree in Library Services;
- Industry Blue Card (working with children) is essential;
- Membership to ALIA (Australian Library and Information Association)
- Sound knowledge of the LIBERO Library Management Software;
- Sound cataloguing skills;
- Good understanding of readers advisory services;
- Experience in Library procedures;
- Experience in Library equipment and technical resource services; and
- Relevant experience in providing a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers in a library service.
You are required to provide written responses to the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the back of the position description.
Applicants will be required to undertake and pass a pre-employment medical.
The benefits of working for Local Government:
Council offers excellent working conditions, generous superannuation benefits (up to 12%); minimum 36.25 hour working week with Council’s flexitime agreement and 5 weeks annual leave.
You will require the application form and Position Description to effectively respond to the Key Selection Criteria. Applications should be supported by full resumes, a completed application form and must address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the Position Description.
Applications Close 5:00pm on Monday 16 September 2019
Sharon Ibardolaza PO Box 815 MOUNT ISA QLD 4825
Chief Executive Officer Website: www.mountisa.qld.gov.au
“Mount Isa City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a non-smoking work environment”
Applicants must be eligible to live and work within Australia
Mount Isa City Council
$69,206.00 – $72,912.00 per annum
Monday 30 September 2019