AIIB is looking for a Librarian and Information Specialist to coordinate a wide range of library services under the Records and Information Management (RIM) Unit.
The RIM Unit is a service team within the Facilities and Administration Services (FAS) Department at AIIB. The library provides access to published digital and print materials, reference and research services, and information outreach to ensure that the Bank’s business units and staff receive information resources, services and the support required to complete their work. The archives collect, maintain, and make available all information with historical value and that will be permanently retained.
The Librarian and Information Specialist will lead the growth of an innovative, digital and technology rich library environment harmonious with the mandate and corporate strategic vision of AIIB. The position is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the library collection and the provision of excellent reference and research services that include the effective use of electronic and print information resources.
- Develop and keep the library collection current, both in electronic and print formats.
- Coordinate the original and copy cataloguing work of the library materials.
- Perform the super-administrator role of the Integrated Library System (ILS) and applications.
- Provide comprehensive reference and research services. Respond to information requests from the Bank’s business units and staff to meet their information needs.
- Summarize and analyze retrieved information as a means of searching for topics of interest for library users.
- Build and maintain the Bank’s Institutional Repository (IR) and the digital archives.
- Regularly update the library intranet website with current resources and service announcements.
- Develop partnerships with libraries of other multilateral development banks, international financial institutions, academic and research organizations to maximize the utilization of resources.
- Work with the RIM team to offer bank wide information services. Provide backup support for the work of other colleagues as and when needed.
- Negotiate licenses with vendors and track and record the collection budget.
- Collaborate with vendors regarding technical support for electronic databases, e-journals and library systems.
- Respond to copyright information requests from researchers, staff and consultants.
- Design and deliver library training, workshops and presentations for users on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake new and innovative programs to promote library services and resources.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with Bank management, departments and staff to become knowledgeable about fields of specialization and use professional expertise to respond to requests.
- Explore and experiment with available technologies and their application to reference and user services.
- Use assessment tools and techniques to evaluate and enhance services to users.
- Prepare reports on library activities and usage for the unit and department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Unit Head.
- Minimum 5-8 years of post-master’s degree experience as a professional librarian is required.
- Candidate with an additional advanced degree in economics, finance, engineering and or public policy and administration would be given preference.
- Advanced fluency in English is a must. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to provide advanced reference and research services.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of metadata standards, in particular but not limited to the MARC, DDI and Dublin Core standards.
- Knowledge of archival conventions and records management standards is an asset.
- Must have experience with the emerging digital library environment including digital collections and online databases and strong working knowledge of integrated library systems.
- Proficiency in webpage design and content management software including SharePoint is an asset.
- Excellent service philosophy with a demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Evidence of ability to work creatively and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences from an accredited school of Library and Information Science/ Studies.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.