Job No: DRC464 Location: Coonabarabran
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About the Role
Are you a motivated library professional with a passion for serving the community? Do you have experience in delivering library and information services and programs? Do you enjoy leading a small team and working with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve excellence in the delivery of library services?
Macquarie Regional Library is seeking a full-time Libraries Coordinator to be based in Coonabarabran. Ideally, the successful applicant will have excellent leadership skills, excel in a team environment and possess a keen interest and knowledge of developing and delivering library services.
The position is responsible for the delivery of high quality and effective library and information services in accordance with Macquarie Regional Library’s strategic objectives, policies, and procedures. The position plans and delivers services, programs and events that enhance community engagement, literacy skills, educational, recreational and lifelong learning.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Deliver excellence in customer service experiences
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with community organisations, agencies and groups including formal and informal education providers.
- Model, promote and support leadership, decision making and problem solving through planning, coaching and developing staff
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree in Library and information Science with eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Experience in developing and delivering library and information services, preferably, in a public library environment.
- Experience in community engagement and delivering community programs and events.
- Experience in leading a small team to achieve organisational goals and goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues and trends in public libraries.
- Demonstrated experience in Library Management Systems and excellent computer and keyboard skills.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
A Working With Children Check is required for this position.
Salary: $73,121 to $84,977 per annum plus superannuation
Enquiries: Manager Macquarie Regional Library - 6801 4500
Closing Date: 5:00pm Thursday 30 May 2019
How to Apply:
1. Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
2. On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
3. Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
4. All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.
Macquarie Regional Library
$73,121 to $84,977 per annum plus superannuation
Thursday 30 May 2019