- $93K - $101 + 17% Super and Leave Loading
- Kensington location
- Continuing role
This is a great opportunity to join a knowledgeable team of experts in their field, with the opportunity to build your own expertise and work on exciting projects.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The Team and the Role
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities.
The Digital Library Initiatives team, within the Digital Experience and Innovation unit, manages, maintains, and develops the applications that underpin the online delivery of scholarly information resources and online services provided by the Library to the UNSW community. The team ensures that library applications interoperate with other enterprise systems at UNSW. It also supports the development of library applications by working with the external vendors of the applications. The team is responsible for ensuring that all digital systems and services provide a high-quality user experience for the UNSW community.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree with a depth of subsequent relevant experience in developing and supporting web and mobile-based services and systems; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
- Good understanding of storage, management and description of information assets and data in a university or research environment, and of web and mobile delivery
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and experience in developing project plans and schedules, including sizing tasks
- Understanding of core user experience and human centred design principles
- Knowledge of Agile
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to investigate and make informed decisions regarding complex issues
- Well-developed communication and liaison skills with a focus on understanding business requirements, communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, writing technical documentation and liaising with staff and software vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a small team and with other staff. Must also be able to work well independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing why you applied for this position. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Sue Harmer, Associate Director, Digital Experience and Innovation UNSW Library
T: (61 2) 9385 2627