AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film School's in the world. Our teachers and alumni include Academy, AFI/AACTA and BAFTA Award winners.
Reporting to the Library Supervisor you will be responsible for providing and maintaining an engaging online and physical library space which supports the teaching, learning, educational delivery and research for AFTRS programs.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality experiences to your service users, we want to hear from you.
- Relevant experience working in a library, preferably within an education library
- Experience in delivering initiatives to improve customer service and the user experience
- Demonstrated ability to use and apply cataloguing rules, metadata schemas, standards, bibliographic record editing tools and controlled vocabularies
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and cooperatively as part of a team
- Sound communication, including well developed written and oral skills, and organisation skills
- Ability to develop effective and efficient workflows and processes
- Understanding of and passion for the arts and creative industries.
- Experience using a Library Information Management System (Horizon Library Management System an advantage).
- Completed or studying towards a qualification in Library and Information Sciences which would allow membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
Salary: $62,010 to $64,756 p/a (dependent on experience) and up to 15.4% super.
Flexible working options are available for this role and we will genuinely consider applications for job share and part time working.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to Apply: Please email your current resume with covering letter addressing how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 22 October 2018.
Enquiries: Human Resources Team - email@example.com.