POSITION NO: SM:CPS:LIB:#38
Applications are invited for the position of Temporary Information Services Librarian (Parental Leave Relief), based at Council's Inverell Library. The successful applicant shall be responsible to provide a range of programs and services to meet the informational needs of the Library community, and to provide effective support and relief to the Manager Library Services.
This position is a ‘Parental Leave Relief’ position replacing an employee on parental leave for approximately eleven (11) months; please note that employment may be terminated earlier than anticipated, if early return from parental leave is approved.
Applicants should address the following selection criteria:
- NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
- Experience working in a senior role in a public, educational or special library. Formal qualifications in Librarianship would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to provide a range of quality reference, information and leisure reading services.
- Familiarity with the selection and use of a range of reference, information and leisure reading resources and tools, in a variety of formats.
- Ability to conduct end-user training relevant to the Library’s reference, information and leisure reading services.
- Ability to conduct end-user training in a variety of current technologies such as smart-phones, tablets and digital content services.
- Demonstrated understanding of current technological applications in the information and Library environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering public library services to the local community.
Employment will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Local Government (State) Award 2017. The classification for the position will be Administrative/ Technical/ Trades Band 2, Level 2, Grade 10. Salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience, and will be in a range from $1,119.25 to $1,205.37 gross per week. Except as otherwise provided, ordinary hours worked on a Saturday shall attract a penalty in addition to the ordinary hourly rate of pay.
Further information, including a detailed Position Profile, is available by:
- Contacting Council’s Position Profile number on (02) 9990 9189 and request position number SM:CPS:LIB:#38; or
- Go to the Council Employment Section at www.inverell.nsw.gov.au
Applicants must complete and sign the cover sheet and application form, obtainable in the Position Profile or the Council employment section at www.inverell.nsw.gov.au, and attach it to the front of your application. Please ensure that you have addressed the selection criteria as listed. Applications are to be addressed to the General Manager, and will close on Friday, 19 October 2018 at 4:30pm. (No original documents please). Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
Inverell Shire Council
PO Box 138
INVERELL NSW 2360