ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Customer Experience Training & Consulting Partner (Technologies and Library Academic Search Systems)
What will I be doing?
As a Training & Consulting Partner, you will be helping to make librarian’s lives better by working on new technologies and applications (ProQuest and Ex Libris’s systems) with the respective internal teams and integrating/ optimizing the processes and workflows. You will act as a subject matter expert on library search systems and databases for the customers (internal & external). This is a full-time position based in the ProQuest Melbourne office.
If you’re passionate about libraries, technology, proficient in library systems, and enjoy being process oriented & working in teams, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
- Establish yourself as a key internal stakeholder tasked with assisting the implementation and support teams transition customer issues and ensure the best possible outcomes by partnering and collaborating closely with various internal teams to communicate client issues, establish, manage and adjust processes to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Offers proactive consulting for customers, to support our goal of becoming the vendor of choice.
- Conducts customer-needs analysis and creates customized plans for maximizing usage of services, including uncovering direct sales opportunities, representing ProQuest effectively to our customers.
- Develops and conducts customized training/ sessions at customer sites, or online using WebEx or scheduling public webinars.
- Creates educational materials utilizing learning resources, web-based educational tools and video delivery software.
Reasons you should apply...
- You love libraries and are passionate about technology, systems and the people who work in them.
- You’re someone who enjoys managing ambiguity and driving changes through working with teams.
- You’re excited by the prospect of being part of a global, customer focused team.
This job may not be a fit if...
- You don’t like the challenge of working in a dynamic environment and working with different teams.
- You don’t enjoy working on processes.
- You’re not able to prioritize and be responsible for your own success.
Qualified candidates must have…
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field such as Master of Library & Information Science OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of, and proficiency in working with, internal library systems, including new technologies and their applications to enhancing information services and library workflows.
- A working knowledge or training accreditation for Ex Libris’s solutions will be an added advantage.
- A broad working knowledge and understanding of library workflows.
- Obvious enthusiasm and the ability to demonstrate flexibility in adapting to change.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in creating new opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication – spoken, written, listening -- and presentation skills.
- Exceptional patience and tact (i.e., strong service orientation).
- Ability to travel to client sites for training and consulting.
Interesting facts about ProQuest
- Our employee population is highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re passionate about libraries and a self-starter with a high customer service acumen, please consider joining our talented team!!
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. Please submit your application to Leah.Yong@proquest.com by 19th October 2018.