Information Management Librarian - Vacancy Reference - PAR 38-18
Permanent Full-time vacancy
Closing Date: Monday 22 October 2018
We invite Library professionals to apply for the role of Information Management Librarian working in the Parliamentary Library within the Queensland Parliamentary Service located in Brisbane city.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position as part of the Information Management Services team will be required to participate in the following duties:
- Assist the Director and the Senior Information Management Librarian to deliver a quality client-focused and relevant information service in a dynamic legislative environment.
- Contribute to the development of strategic policies in relation to collection development, and the management of heritage collections.
- Assess, select, acquire, capture, manipulate and catalogue/index data to build and maintain digital databases for all types of formats including books, serials, digital media clips, TV clips, digital documents etc.
- Assist in the daily operational tasks (including system rosters) supporting the administration of library information management software (Trimagic based on DBTextworks), as well as participating in the scoping and design of new databases as required, using HTML code and WebPublisher.
- Assist with rostered media monitoring duties including TV/radio new and current affairs selection, scheduling, editing, segment abstracting, and personal AV enquiries.
- Liaise with clients in the development and delivery of customised alert services to fulfil individual client needs, often under very tight deadlines.
- Collate and prepare regular weekly library management statistics relating to database usage and other services, as well as special statistical analysis/audits to support service delivery decisions and planned innovations.
- Contribute to and participate in professional development and networks to maintain relevant levels of knowledge and skills, represent and promote Library information services to clients including assisting in development and delivery of client training programs and presentations, and contribute as a team member to a positive and continuous improvement environment by sharing information, models, practices and resources.
- Lead and participate in specialised multi-disciplinary projects as required.
- Assist in developing and documenting policy, processes and procedures of the information services section.
Possession of a professional Library qualification is mandatory. Preferred applicants will have experience in library collection management.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience in heritage collection management and historical collections.
- Proven knowledge of and ability to implement the latest web technologies and applications (including information management systems) to enhance client access and training and create and manage relevant digital and hardcopy library collections and databases.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication, negotiation and client liaison skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as a team member in an innovative and dynamic work environment, develop professional networks and commit to ongoing personal and professional development
- Sound project management skills including problem solving and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge of or the ability to acquire knowledge of the principles and workings of Parliament and modern executive government with extensive general knowledge and in depth knowledge of specific subject areas.
- Applicants are required to provided responses to the above mentioned selection criteria.
- Provide a copy of your most current resume
- Provide a covering letter with your application
Applications can be emailed to: HRM@parliament.qld.gov.au
Alternatively this vacancy will be advertised on the Queensland Government Smartjobs website, applicants may register and lodge application via the website: