Permanent, Part Time, 42 hours per fortnight
Salary is negotiable, subject to skills and experience
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 266,000.
Living on the Northern Beaches means checking surf conditions from the office and taking your children to the beach after school. It’s about busy sportsfields, bush walking and bike trails on the weekend. It’s an active lifestyle with clean waterways, beautiful wildlife and vibrant events backed by great services and infrastructure.
Northern Beaches Council is committed to delivering the highest quality service, valued and trusted by our community.
Why work for us!
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer job opportunities in a range of fields, with a range of lifestyle benefits and a values driven culture. Develop your career with people passionate about making a difference in our community.
The Business Unit
The purpose of the Northern Beaches Library Service is; Libraries for Life, Enhancing Leisure and Learning. The service:
Provides efficient customer focused library services that deliver value to our community
Provides library facilities and opportunities for literacy, lifelong learning, creativity, work, relaxation and play, and
Develops staff capabilities and undertakes business initiatives to make on-going service improvements for our community.
There are six library branches across the Northern Beaches Local Government Area; Dee Why, Glen Street, Forestville, Manly, Mona Vale, Warringah Mall and four Community Libraries at Avalon, Terrey Hills, Seaforth and Harbord.
Our library branches implement and manage library loans, programs, local history, genealogy, information and digital resources. Remote access is also available to our online catalogue and e-Resources.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Librarian role is a key role within the Library Services Group. The Librarian provides the technical process knowledge and the advisory subject matter knowledge needed by the various customers of the Library. They will be required to coordinate and perform a variety of back office functions as required, such as, selection of collections, designing programs, assisting customers with digital access to books and information, while also leading the customer facing front office functions like desk and concierge services as well as organising and running events.
This role also frequently exercises supervisory functions on a day to day basis, running a shift of staff at a Branch Library.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service in a desk or concierge role
- Provide high quality reference, information, and referral services to the public
- Assist customers with accessing services or equipment, connecting their own electronic devices and in locating resources
*** Whilst this position description covers the key areas of responsibilities, this list is not exhaustive. Day to day tasks and responsibilities may vary and be in addition to those listed above (reasonably and within the limits of individual skills, competence and training.
- A university degree or equivalent which allows eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high quality customer service
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a small team
- Computer literate with a demonstrated ability to use library computer software, Microsoft Office software, and office equipment.
Please refer to the Position Description for further information including a full list of Selection Criteria.
How to apply
- Apply online and upload the following information
- A current Resume
- A covering letter (maximum 2 page) outlining systematically, addressing the selection criteria listed within the position description.
- For further information please contact Liam Pucher on 02 9942 7990 during business hours
- Applications close Tuesday 31 July, 2018
Please click here to apply
Position Description : Click here for the PD
Close Date : Tuesday 31 July
Northern Beaches Council
Liam Pucher on 02 9942 7990
Tuesday 31 July 2018