Scholarly Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Liaison Librarian, Business & Economics is a member of the Business & Economics Library Liaison Team which sits within the Scholarly Services portfolio.
About the role
Liaison Librarians work within teams of discipline based information professionals that provide scholarly literacy programs, research support, collection management and faculty liaison to students, academics and researchers. They work to ensure that teaching, learning and research are enhanced through skilled and ethical use of library resources and services.
This position contributes to all library programs provided to the Faculty of Business and Economics, focusing on supporting the Faculty’s learning and teaching programs.
- A professional qualification in librarianship or a relevant discipline and relevant experience. Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Expert knowledge, skills and experience in traditional and emerging areas of academic librarianship to support teaching, learning and research in the Faculty of Business and Economics
- Depth of knowledge and skills for learning and teaching in higher education, such as pedagogy, learning design and digital learning
- Proven ability to connect with people and build relationships in your workplace
- Qualification/s and/or experience relevant to business and economics together with experience in an academic library setting are highly desirable
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Close date: 22 July 2018
For full position information and to apply online go to: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/422/ci/en/job/896986/liaison-librarian