Scholarly Services, University Services
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Liaison Support Librarian is a member of the Business and Economics Library Liaison Team which sits within the Scholarly Services portfolio.
About the role
Liaison Support Librarians work within teams of discipline-based information professionals delivering services to support information services, scholarly literacy programs, research support, collection management and faculty liaison in the Scholarly Services program.
Liaison Support Librarians have two broad areas of responsibility: to support Liaison Librarians to deliver services to researchers, academics and students and to provide advanced frontline client services at library service points.
- Professional qualifications in librarianship or a relevant discipline and relevant experience. Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or progress towards this
- Knowledge, skills and experience in traditional and emerging areas of academic librarianship to support teaching, learning and research in the Faculty of Business and Economics
- Ability to creatively use a range of social media and multimedia technologies, for example creating web pages, blogs, wikis or multimedia web based communications
- Proven ability to connect with people and build relationships in your workplace
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Close date: 22 July 2018
For full position information and to apply online go to: