- Be part of a Library Service that supports lifelong learning, digital literacy & literacy outcomes
- Lead the Library team in providing innovative digital and technology services
About the business & role
Mornington Peninsula Shire Libraries aspire to be the local centre of information, making all kinds of knowledge and information readily available to the community. Our services are available through four branch libraries as well as a Mobile Library, Outreach Services, Home Library Services and the library website.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
The Libraries Team is seeking an enthusiastic qualified individual to provide a high-quality library and information service to the community by:
- Supporting the Libraries Team in identifying, planning, developing guidelines and training staff to deliver digital literacy programs and activities to library customers.
- Providing digital services and devices, including the website within the library service.
- Supporting and monitoring of all library information systems including the library management system (LMS), RFID equipment, digital information resources and devices.
Skills & Experience
- You are required to have excellent skills in information technology applications, internet and Windows environment and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in using digital resources, contemporary information technology issues, practices, policies, procedures and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of current web technologies, communication platforms and applications.
- Understanding of new and emerging technology with relation to public library services is desirable.
- Previous experience leading a team will be highly desirable and you will demonstrate your ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Applicants must hold a Graduate Diploma or degree in Library/Information Management of Information Services or related field with relevant experience.
- Applicants must hold a current Working with Children Check, and Victorian Driver's Licence.
- You will also be required to undertake a Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Jane Grace, Library Resources & Information Coordinator 5950 1547
Please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume, by 12 noon, Friday 16 March 2018
Please note: you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident to apply for this position
Visit HERE to apply for this position.