Req ID: 85104
Personnel Area: Lifestyle & Community Services
Branch: Library Services
Salary Range: AUD $72,214 to $82,438 (Remuneration stated is for the full-time positions)
Work type: Permanent Full-time
SENIOR LIBRARIAN - WYNNUM
Brisbane City Council's public libraries are the hub of the community providing reading, information, learning and outreach services, in exciting, fresh and contemporary environments. Our Library Services team is committed to providing excellence in customer service through its network of 33 branches located across four regions, Mobile Library and City Archives.
Due to our growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Librarian to join our team, based at our Wynnum Library, opened in May 2016.
As Senior Librarian, you will be responsible for the effective management of resources that includes leading, planning, development and delivery of outreach services and providing reference and information services for a high volume library. You will also play an important role in leading work teams to ensure key performance indicators and service excellence is being achieved. In addition, you will facilitate the growth of the customer base through delivering programs to the community.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- substantial experience in the management and delivery of quality customer service outcomes in a dynamic library setting
- substantial experience in leading and developing library collections and supporting the development and delivery of learning programs
- substantial experience in proactively engaging with community groups and internal stakeholders to promote library products, services and outreach programs
- high level communication and team management skills and demonstrated ability to manage change and implement operational activities to achieve goals and objectives.
Council prides itself on offering the following benefits:
- A competitive salary package and an attractive superannuation benefit.
- A genuine commitment to the work life balance and your personal and professional development.
- Flexible work options and work arrangements plus generous leave provisions.
We invite applications from an enthusiastic professional who is passionate about providing dynamic library services to join our community focussed team. Please note this position will require the successful applicant to work every second Saturday and regularly on Sundays.
By joining Council you will be dedicated to delivering excellence in customer service.
How to apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and covering letter (of no more than one page) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a Criminal History Check.
Position description: CLICK HERE
Information kit: CLICK HERE (remove for internal advertisements - use OneDrive login)
NB. Right click on link and copy shortcut into a new browser for example, Chrome.
More information: Phone Tina Graham on 07 3178 278
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th December, 2017 @ 11.55 pm AEST
Brisbane City Council
$72,214 to $82,438
Tina Graham on 07 3178 278
Tuesday 19 December 2017