QPLA requires the services of an Adminstrative Assistant
The services specifically required to be provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of quarterly newsletter
- Maintenance of record of accounts and processing of invoices for payment
- Preparation of monthly financial report for Board of Management
- Maintenance of Association website
- Maintenance of register of members
- Minuting of meetings and preparation of agendas
- Maintenance of records of the Association in accordance with approved framework
- Preparation of correspondence as required
- Use of social media tools to promote the Association & its activities
- Additional work may be required in relation to the Association’s conference and/or professional development events and will be negotiated separately.
- It is anticipated that the contract will require 145 hours of work per annum in aggregate.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- High level oral and written communication skills relevant to the preparation of minutes, correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and other documents;
- Good working knowledge of WordPress and/or similar web platforms;
- Knowledge of the fundaments of records management and archival processes;
- Ability to work across multiple media platforms – social media;
- Ability to aquire knowledge of contemporary public library practice;
- High level planning and organisational skills with the ability to focus on detail and meet deadlines; and
- Ability to select and exercise an appropriate range of analytical, problem solving and investigative skills / techniques as required.
- Recording of minutes of meetings and preparation of meeting agendas;
- Website development and maintenance;
- Preparation of e-newsletters eg mailchimp;
- Experience in coordination and administration of conferences, events and activities.
Please complete and return the Expression of Interest form via email to:
The Secretary Ph: (07) 3403 9504
Queensland Public Libraries Association Email: email@example.com
Brisbane City Council Libraries Rebecca.Randle@Brisbane.qld.gov.au Brisbane Square, Level 8
266 George Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Expressions of Interest must be received by COB Friday 15 Dec 2017.
To view project brief please click here