C Cairns Regional Council plays a fundamental role in planning and providing for the Cairns community. Servicing a population of over 150,000 from Miriwinni to Ellis Beach, we deliver more than 400 services and functions.
Cairns Regional Council is one of the region's largest employers and our team of more than 1200 employees works hard and cohesively for the betterment of the entire region. With the mission of "providing for today, preparing for tomorrow", Cairns Regional Council delivers a myriad of programs and services designed to promote the wellbeing of residents, the environment and the local economy.
We strive to create a sustainable, secure and vibrant future for our community.
Council has eight libraries in our network of which the City Library is the largest and has the highest patronage.
About the Opportunities:
We have two five month fixed-term vacancies. Full-time hours 8:30am – 5pm including weekends on a rostered basis.
Based at our CBD Library, you will provide support to the Team Leader and other Librarians in an operational and supervisory capacity.
Network Services Librarian
In this role you will be required to rotate around all of the libraries in our network providing operational and supervisory support.
Duties will include:
- Delivery of information and circulation services
- Leadership, support and training of Library Assistants
- Management of Friends of the Library Program
- Delivery of home library services
- Collection management activities
- You will possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have a qualification as a Librarian
- You will have relevant experience in a library environment
- You will be flexible with an ability to multitask and deliver innovative library services
As part of the selection process, the successful candidates will be required to undertake the following pre-employment assessments;
- a pre-employment medical, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- a national police/criminal history check.
Submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 08/11/2017.