There are several Sub-Committees of the Board and the Board appoints Advisory Committees to provide input into its strategic discussions.
The Sub-Committees are:
- Risk and Governance
- Accreditation and Standards.
The Advisory Committees are:
- ALIA Community on Resource Description
- Australian Public Library Alliance
- Book Industry and Elending Advisory Committee
- Health Libraries Advisory Committee (HLA Group)
- Interlibrary Lending Advisory Committee
- International Relations Advisory Committee
- New Generation Advisory Committee
- Research Advisory Committee
- School Libraries Advisory Committee (ALIA Schools Group)
- Special Libraries Working Group
- VET Libraries Advisory Committee
There is also the ALIA Research Fund Committee.
The ALIA Board governs the Association in accordance with our Constitution & By-laws. Each year there is an Annual General Meeting and we publish an Annual Report to inform Members about activities and financial performance.
Read the ALIA Strategic Plan 2020-2024.
ALIA has relationships with a number of other organisations, which are formalised with a Memorandum of Understanding.
There are 24 ALIA staff working at ALIA House and interstate. Click here for the ALIA organisational chart.
Page updated 28 May 2021.