The Queensland Library Achiever of the Year Award is maintained by the ALIA Queensland group.
The Queensland Library Achiever of the Year Award is an annual merit prize aimed at:
- Encouraging recognition of an individual working in any sector of the library and information profession in Queensland
- Providing an opportunity to promote innovation and excellence within the library and information profession
- Increasing the profile of the profession
The Queensland Library Achiever of the Year Award was originally an initiative of the Queensland Library Promotion Council Inc. It was then administered by ALIA Quorum, a group which aimed to support and promote the interests of library and information professionals in Queensland.
The first Award was presented in 1995 and in 2015 we celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Award. The Award winner will receive $200 in cash and a trophy to recognise the Award. Thank you to UQ Library for sponsoring the 2018 award.
Who is eligible?
- Any individual working in a library or information centre in Queensland, and who is a financial member of ALIA is eligible for nomination.
Nominations can be made:
- By yourself, ie self nomination
- By the manager of your library or information centre or of the parent body, or
- By one of your peers or a professional colleague.
What are we looking for?
The successful nomination will be judged on one or more of the following criteria:
- Innovative practice in the development of library and information services.
- Progress achieved in the implementation of new services or new technologies.
- Successful collaborative ventures or partnerships in library and information services.
- Creative approaches to marketing or promoting library and information services.
- Demonstrated dedication to the advancement of libraries.
What are the conditions of entry?
1. Nominations are sought from all sectors of the library and information profession in Queensland.
2. Nominations must be submitted on the nomination form provided below and should:
- Clearly indicate the selection criterion/criteria being addressed
- Describe the activities undertaken to meet the given criterion/criteria
- Provide a statement of support from the nominator(s)
- A portfolio to demonstrate evidence of the accomplishments may accompany the submission, but is not mandatory.
3. Submissions may be made in either print or electronically.
4. The closing date for nominations for the 2018 award is 19 October 2018.
5. The selection panel will comprise:
- A representative nominated by our sponsors
- One member of ALIA, invited by the ALIA Qld Committee.
6. The decisions made by the selection panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. ALIA reserves the right to withhold an award should the selection panel advise that no nominees have met the given criteria.
How do I submit a nomination?
To view the past recipients please click here.