Associate or Library Technician
Allied Field Membership is open to people who are working at a professional level within the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museum) sector and hold a qualification other than an ALIA Accredited LIS qualification.
To be eligible we require:
- evidence that you are working at a professional level within the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museum) sector
- evidence of a qualification at Diploma level or above
- a reference from your employer.
Please note that ALIA Allied Field membership does not fulfil the requirements of job advertisements requiring eligibility for Associate or Library Technician membership of ALIA.
Australian qualifications – widened eligibility
- Have you completed a Library and Information Science (LIS) qualification NOT accredited by ALIA?
- Have you completed a qualification that includes a substantial component of LIS studies and have evidence of professional competence?
- Are you a current ALIA personal member?
If you answered YES to all these questions, then you may apply for an assessment. This involves a review of your qualifications, knowledge of LIS, relevant employment history and professional development logbook and you will receive a certificate if successful.
Download application form
Overseas qualifications - professional recognition
Find out more