Your new role
The FOLIO Support Specialist specializes in performing technical support of FOLIO software and solutions by providing technical support assistance to internal and external clients. Using various problem identification skills, the FOLIO Support Specialist diagnoses problems, identifies solutions, and drives issues to resolution. The FOLIO Support Specialist must work with other internal organizations to communicate, prioritize, and advocate on behalf of the customer. The FOLIO Support Specialist must communicate action plans to both client(s) and internal customers as appropriate.
The primary responsibilities
• Effectively utilize customer support skills to maintain a positive working relationship between FOLIO hosting teams, sales, its customers and partners
• Demonstrate positive customer support skills validated by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise via phone and email to ensure customer satisfaction
• Answer customer questions and inquiries across all FOLIO tenants
• Perform problem determination / problem source identification to understand the root cause of a customer’s issue
• Collaborate and negotiate with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution
• Instruct clients with explanation of FOLIO features, installation, configuration, and deployment of product upgrades both verbally and in writing
• Communicate action plans to the client or EBSCO representative as appropriate
• Troubleshoot and resolve specific FOLIO related issues while maximizing customer satisfaction
• Create and maintain support documentation
• Train support team on FOLIO capabilities and new releases
• Participate in product launches and ensure support readiness
• Smoke testing of releases
• Review and eventually contribute to the Open-Source Community Forum
• Act as an escalation point for technical issues, training and troubleshooting.
• Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical professionals.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
• Maintains productive relationships and high levels of performance.
• Adjusts quickly to shifting priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, while maintaining focus on priorities.
Required qualifications and abilities
• Ability to read and write in English
• 3+ Years of Experience in web technology and software applications.
• Basic understanding of JSON and networking
Preferred qualifications and experience
• Qualification in Computer Science or Library and Information Science
• Basic understanding of API, JSON, SQL and networking
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/SAFE development methodologies
• Strong organization skills a must
• Ability to work well in a team environment
This role will work from a home-based office with the opportunity to partner with the EBSCO team for collaboration, local meetings and team interaction.