|31 of 33||<< First||< Previous||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
Toowoomba City Library
New build or refurbishment: New build
Architect: James Cubitt Architects and Peddle Thorp Architects
Project completed: 17/2/16
The Toowoomba Region is a vibrant community that spans almost 13,000km2. Toowoomba is Australia’s second largest inland city, has a population of over 105,000, is recognised as Queensland’s most family-friendly city, and is a certified Refugee Welcome Zone.
The Toowoomba City Library has 40,000 registered members from across the city and the region, and hosts over 30,000 customers per month. The library service offers free access to books, magazines, movies, music, internet connected public PCs, eResources, online learning, free wi-fi, as well as formal and informal gathering and reading places. Also on offer is a wide variety of free programs ranging across the following:
- early childhood with story time, baby rhyme time, music and movement sessions
- school holiday activities and ongoing child engagement with workshops and events
- teenage youth space with programs for engagement such as film clubs
- community interest such as author events and local history workshops
- community education such as computer classes and English conversation classes for our culturally diverse members
- craft and music sessions for our special needs community
Home Library Service which facilitates the supply of reading material to homebound customers who are unable to visit the library personally.