|27 of 33||<< First||< Previous||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
http://prezi.com/kndivyaa6puw/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share (google chrome is preferred to internet explorer when viewing)
New build or refurbishment: Refurbishment
Budget: $330k incl. GST was for the soft refurbishment of three libraries - Kawana, Nambour and Caloundra
Architect: Bark Design
Project completed: 06/06/2016
Kawana Library is co-located with the community hall and is within short walking distance of:
• Buddina Primary School
• Buddina Community Garden
• Kevin Asmus Park
• Kawana Shoppingworld.
The library is situated in an established community with considerable growth surrounding the areas of Brightwater, Oceanside, Kawana Island and Parrearra. Currently there are five year two classes at Brightwater Primary School. Twelve childcare centres and five retirement villages are also contained within the Kawana Library catchment area. Kawana University Training Hospital is under construction in the new town centre. The hospital will allow for future partnerships to be developed.
The libraries’ central location provides a variety of services to community members:
• Story Time and Baby Rhyme Time are very popular with up to 76 parents and children attending weekly sessions.
• A number of seniors groups visit the library weekly to collect items, reserve materials, read newspapers and have conversations with library staff.
• Newspaper readers and technology users visit daily.
• Customers access the Wi-Fi to run small businesses and use the online resources.
• Weekly Adult Literacy sessions assist community members.
• The Justice of the Peace services up to 800 clients every month.
• 31 local community groups regularly utilise the meeting room.