HLA Advocacy, research, Marketing and awards
Research and Projects
ALIA HLA is currently working on a number of projects including updating the HLA Competencies and the HLA Guidelines. They are also looking into running some Consumer Health pilot projects with Public Libraries.
Marketing and Promotion
10 ways that library and information services power the health sector handout
Advocacy and Submissions
HLA works to develop a highly skilled and professional workforce with the capacity to deliver services and resources that support safe and quality clinical practice.
- Submission in response to the Teaching, Training and Research Costing Study Public Consultation Paper - Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) - December 2014, January 2015
- Submission to the National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission, July 2008
- Submission to the National e-Health Strategy, June 2008
- Submission to the Health and Medical Research Strategic Review, April 1998
- Health Librarianship Competencies Review, 2018 RAILS Conference, 28th November 2018
- Australian health libraries’ contributions to hospital accreditation: results of a national research project. (2018) Poster presented at the 17th EAHIL Conference, Cardiff, July 2018.
- Health Librarianship Workforce and Education: Research to Plan the future.
- The Census of Australian Health Librarians and Health Librarians Working Outside the Traditional Library Setting Census | Media release | Infographic | Presentation of Census results
- Census poster presentation at ICML/EAHIL 2017 and overview
Census of Australian Health Librarians and Library and Information Services (LIS) by Health Libraries Australia (HLA)
- Health libraries return on investment report
- HeLiNS: health libraries for national standards - outcomes of a national research project