APS Level 6
$80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
Edinburgh - SA,
Are you interested in science and technology? Do you enjoy working with people and building strong relationships? Step out from behind the reference desk and join the Research Information Outreach (RIO) team at Defence Science and Technology Group (DST). You will be well-supported by your colleagues and have the chance to develop new services to support changing research areas. Embedding with our clients is a new venture for us, so use your skills, experience, and imagination to engage deeply with our researchers and enable DST’s cutting edge science.
Research Librarians in DST play a vital role in contributing to the scientific outcomes of their Division/s, working with researchers to provide critical scientific advice and innovative solutions for Defence and National Security. Our RIO team is newly formed and we’re seeking dynamic and outgoing librarians to expand our capacity across DST sites and Divisions. This new service delivery model is currently being implemented across the organisation so you’ll have the opportunity to grow and shape this exciting approach. To be part of this team you must have the personal drive and initiative to ably lead, develop and manage your portfolio; possess exceptional skills in engaging and building productive relationships with your clients; be adept at exercising analytical thinking; and have the capacity to rapidly learn and apply new knowledge, concepts and skills to your information practice.
You will have, or will rapidly accrue comprehensive knowledge of the research programs and scientific domains of your Science and Technology (S&T) Division/s, be responsible for the provision of a highly specialised range of information management services to support the research lifecycle and undertake key client relationship management tasks as part of wider DST IM&T. In addition to general research librarian services, you will provide specialist services in research business intelligence, benchmarking, research data management, research impact, and advice and support in e-research tools. You will be actively involved in the day-to-day life of your Division; attending group meetings, engaging with researchers and other staff in their home environments. Supporting RIS services and resources are four facilitating portfolio teams: Training and digital literacy; Collaboration, partnerships, and engagement; Marketing and communications; and Research impact and analytics.
This position is a Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) Level 5 Ensure/Advise position. For further info please visit the SFIA Foundation website https://www.sfia-online.org/en or speak with the Contact Officer for this recruitment action.
- Planning and Organising: Responsible for co-planning, implementing, and managing the portfolio of research impact and analytics; training and digital literacy; collaboration, partnerships, and engagement; or marketing and communications
- Teamwork and Leadership: Accountable for providing client services to the allocated Division/s and the working with the nominated portfolio team to ensure quality in the provision of these services and products
- Problem Solving: Accountable for establishing and implementing strategic and operational plans, managing allocated resources, setting priorities and initiatives to achieve portfolio and client outcomes
- Resourcefulness: Demonstrates capability to apply expertise and knowledge of contemporary methods and practices in information services and management, in particular:
- Research Impact and Analytics: research data management, research impact and management, and research analytics
- Marketing and Communications: strategic marketing and communications plans and activities to broaden awareness and increase use of RIS services and resources
- Communication: Responsible for communication and liaison activities of the allocated Division/s, relevant research groups and other stakeholders
Strategic awareness: Demonstrates capability to focus strategically, showing awareness of organisational and Defence priorities and their influence on the delivery of specialised services critical to S&T outcomes
Application Closing Date: Monday 29 April 2019
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/00735/19 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers