At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
The role is responsible for all duties on the customer service desk, the delivery of library programs and responding to customer enquiries.
Reporting to the Library Network Officer, Library Team Members serve as the first point of call for customer enquiries to the library, therefore the successful candidate will have a high level of interaction with the general public.
- Deliver library services on rostered desk shifts at all libraries in the Bayside network
- Provide accurate and timely information services to the public and other stakeholders to increase awareness and availability of services.
- Deliver library programs as required, including early literacy programs, school holiday activities, Home Library Service, adult programs and technology training to meet community needs and expectations.
- AQF Certificate II or III or equivalent experience.
- A current Working with Children Check Number.
- Current Driver’s Licence Class C and/or willingness to travel between Bayside Library locations.
What can we offer you?
- As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
- Applications must be submitted email at email@example.com
- Closing Date: Ongoing
- Salary Range: $27.12 to $30.38 per hour + 25% casual loading plus 9.5% superannuation
- Enquiries: Karen Thurner, Network Librarian – 9562 1849 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.